Serves 6-8 serves
*Gluten free, Low Gi & Vegetarian.
1 cup quinoa (raw)
1 cauliflower head, chopped into florets
150g rocket leaves
1 pomegranate, seeded
1/3 cup pine nuts
¼ cup natural yoghurt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 180°C and place cauliflower florets onto lined baking tray. Drizzle 2 tsp olive oil over the florets and place into the oven. Roast for 30 minutes until soft.
2) Meanwhile, rinse quinoa, place into a medium saucepan. Add 2 cups water and bring to boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer.
3) When all water has almost gone, take quinoa off the heat and let it steam in saucepan with lid on (3mins). Then take it off the heat & let quinoa cool.
4) Heat a small frying pan over medium heat, add pine nuts and toast for 2 minutes until golden brown.
5) Scatter rocket leaves & quinoa over a large serving dish. Add cauliflower florets, toasted nuts & pomegranate seeds.
6) Finally, mix together dressing ingredients and drizzle over the top immediately before service.
Ways to use this healthy salad:
Eat as a side with a palm size piece of grilled lean meat, chicken or salmon/fish
For vegetarians add some chickpeas or lentils to add protein
Quinoa can be replaced with pearl barley or wholemeal couscous & pinenuts can be substituted for walnuts.