One of our favourite things to do is create healthier, more nutrient rich versions of our favourite treats. These little eggs are packed full of heart and brain boosting omega 3 healthy fats, fibre, potassium and have less than 3g of sugar per serve!
Makes: 24 balls
Prep time: 20 mins
• ½ cup almond butter
• 1 cup blanched almonds
• 1 cup walnuts
• 2 tbls chia seeds
• 2 tbls milk
• 1 tbls maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup cacao powder
• ½ cup shredded coconut
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp nutmeg
What to do:
• Place chia seeds and milk in a small bowl. Stir to combine & set aside.
• In a food processor, process almonds, walnuts and 1/4 cup coconut until finely chopped.
• Transfer to a large bowl and add cacao, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
• Add almond spread, maple syrup and chia mixture. Stir to combine, adding an extra 2 teaspoons of water to bind mixture, if required.
• Place leftover coconut in a shallow dish/plate. Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture, press and roll to form a ball, the coat in coconut. Place on a large lined baking tray.
• Repeat with remaining mixture and coconut. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
TIP: Remove from fridge 10 minutes before serving.
You can use any nuts you like! Hazelnuts, pistachios & macadamia’s all work well.