1 bunch coriander, chopped
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 bunch mint, chopped
1 small red onion, diced
1 cup freekeh (Use Quinoa for a Gluten Free alternative)
2 cups cooked brown lentils
¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup currants
1 lemon, juiced
3 tbsp extra virgin olive
1 pomegranate, deseeded, to serve
1 cup natural Greek yoghurt
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Bring 1 cup of freekeh to the boil with 3 cups of water, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Toast pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds and pine nuts in a pan on a medium heat until golden.
3. Place in a mixing bowl, coriander, parsley, mint, cooked freekeh, lentils, current and toasted nuts and seeds and mix well.
4. Mix in a small bowl yogurt, ground cumin seeds and lemon juice until combined.
5. Place salad into a serving dish and top with yogurt dressing and pomegranate seeds.