We are big fans of turmeric and the amazing health benefits it has including anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidant properties, anti-cancer properties, blood sugar control.... the list goes on. Today, we are sharing a delicious warming curry recipe.
Keep your eyes peeled over the next month for our upcoming blog on Turmeric Benefits!
400g barramundi fillet, skinned, sliced into small pieces
1x 400g can chickpeas
2 tsp ground coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric, fresh, grated
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
1 x 4cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
2 tbls olive oil
2 brown onions
2/3 cup fish stock
2 kaffir lime leaves
Juice ½ lemon
3 tsp fish sauce
2 x broccoli heads
2 cups snow peas
200g spinach leaves
1. In a frying pan dry fry coriander, turmeric, pepper for 2-3 mins until fragrant. Tip into a small food processor add garlic, chillies and ginger and whiz into a paste.
2. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tsp olive oil and cook fish fillets for a minute on each side, set aside.
3. Heat remaining oil in frying pan, cook onion until soft. Then add spice paste and stir for another minute.
4. Add stock, lime leaves, lemon juice and fish sauce to frying pan with ½ cup water, bring to the boil.
5. Add fish fillets and chickpeas back into the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. While curry is cooking, blanch broccoli and snow peas with boiling water and place onto a serving plate.
7. Serve curry on top of ½ cup long grain brown basmati rice + 4 cups steamed green vegetables.
Stay healthy and warm,
The Body Fusion Team