I developed this one the other week whilst things were starting to get a little cold in Sydney! Its quick and SUPER tasty. Enjoy enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 4-5)
- 2xpackets of chefs selection: Simple Dahl (Orange Packet)
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin - Chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes - Halved
- 2 cups brown long grain rice (I highly recommend the Riviana Brand)
- 2xBunches of asparagus
- Mango Chutney
- Greek yoghurt (Small tub)
1. Cook the Simple Dahl as per instructions (30 mins simmer)
2. Steam the pumpkin in the microwave with a tiny bit of water for 5 mins
3. At 20 mins add in the butternut pumpkin and tomato to the dahl mix
4. Cook the rice for 15 minutes (2 cup of rice & 4.5/5 cups water) and then take take off the boil to steam **I usually put in after the Dahl has cooked for 15 mins**
5. Steam some asparagus just before the dahl and rice are ready to serve
6. Serve dahl over rice and top with mango chutney and yoghurt, place some asparagus sprigs on the side
- Low GI and a good source of fibre: This fills you up and aids digestion!
- Source of plant protein: Lentils, like asparagus are also a prebiotic - perfect for winter immunity
- Butternut pumpkin is high in vitamin A, which assists in maintaining cell integrity
- Tomatoes are high in vitamin C which ensure the iron absorption from the lentils
- Dollop of yoghurt provides some extra calcium to your day
Pretty amazing huh!