· 1 sweet potato (350g), peeled, chopped
· ¼ jap pumpkin, cut into small cubes
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 medium onion, finely chopped
· 1 tablespoon curry powder
· 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
· 1 bay leaf
· 1 cup green beans, chopped
· 2 carrots, diced
· 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
· 2 zucchinis, diced
· ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
· 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes, no added salt
· 250g extra lean beef mince (replace with extra lentils for vegetarian option)
· 2 x 400g tin lentils, rinsed, drained
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Boil 1L water and steam sweet potato and pumpkin until soft (about 10–15 minutes).
3. Transfer to a bowl, add 1 tbls oil & mash. Set aside.
4. Add remaining oil to a large saucepan placed over medium-high heat. Add onion, curry powder and turmeric. Cook for 3–4 minutes, until soft. Add bay leaf and mince; cook until just browned.
5. Stir through beans, carrots, broccoli, zucchini and cauliflower. Cook until soft for approx 5 minutes.
6. Add tinned tomatoes, turn up the pan and bring to a simmer (small bubbles).
7. Stir through lentils and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Transfer mixture to a large casserole dish and top with mash. Place into preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
*Recipe adapted from the Australian Healthy Food Guide.