½ cup amaranth, soaked if possible (minimum 8 hours)
1 cup almond milk, or water
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
1/3 vanilla bean pod/1 cup vanilla essence
Maple syrup to taste
1/3 cup coconut flakes, toasted
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1. Soak amaranth for as long as possible, 8 hours minimum, 24 hours is optimal.
2. Drain and rinse amaranth. Combine with almond milk, pumpkin puree, sea salt, spices, and vanilla bean/essence
3. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, stirring often
4. Simmer on lowest heat for 15 minutes with the lid on (watch to see if liquid level becomes too low. If so, add a little extra coconut milk or water)
5. Turn heat off, and let sit for 10 minutes with the lid on to thicken.
3. Sweeten with maple syrup, add an extra splash of milk and sprinkle with coconut flakes & slivered almonds.